Harry Potter Sweater Knit Along

This knit-along will focus on the sweater that the Hogwarts students wear in the movie "Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban. Any other sweater from the movies (with the exception of the Weasley Sweater) can also be a part of this KA!

If you are interested in joining this knit-along, please email hppska at misty dot org with your name and your your url!. Thanks!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Started Quidditch Sweater (with pics!)

So it has been a week since I got my yarn delivered, I already knit up my gauge swatch and I cast on the back and have knit almost 5 inches on it. I figured it was time to get out the digital camera and take some pictures to share with everyone. Let me say that I am loving the Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks, it knits up even softer than I had expected and I really love the colors. So here we go with some pictures:

Here we have all of the yarn, my swatch and the start of the back. It's a good match of the color in this image too.


Here are 2 shots of my gauge swatch. I added a stripe in the swatch to see how well the colors worked together because I wasn't all too thrilled with it at first. But seeing them knit together changed that, I love the combination. I also tried a K2P1 pattern at the top, but preferred the K2P2.


And here is the back of the sweater. I did 3 inches on smaller needles then switched to larger for the body.




And that is my Ravenclaw Quidditch Sweater to date!

As for other Harry Potter knitting... I am on the last main color panel of the Dumbledore Scarf. I should have that done this week. I started a book scarf, but it kinda got put aside. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some time. I will be starting 2 smaller sized Gryffindor SS/CoS style scarves. A friend of my mother's want to give them to her grandchildren so I said I would make them. They are 6 and 7 yos, so full sized scarves would be too big, so I plan to scale them down.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Misty said…

    Wow!! What great progress, and what a dedicated swatcher you are :P I only wish I was so much so.

    I'm so jealous, I should have ordered my yarn online - I still don't have it! :)

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Vince said…

    Knit Picks took one week to deliver. I was very pleased considering it was no delivery charge. That kind of deal usually gets you slow mule train delivery...LOL!

    Since I almost always need to adjust a pattern to fit me, swatching is a must. Plus more than once knitting a swatch has shown me that I could never knit a whole sweater in a particular pattern stitch, so I then move on to another sweater design. That happened with a sweater I saw in Knitter magazine. I loved the design so I knit a gauge swatch and it pratically sapped my will to live. I would never have been able to knit a completed sweater, so it was an idea best scraped at te very beginning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home