Harry Potter Sweater Knit Along

This knit-along will focus on the sweater that the Hogwarts students wear in the movie "Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban. Any other sweater from the movies (with the exception of the Weasley Sweater) can also be a part of this KA!

If you are interested in joining this knit-along, please email hppska at misty dot org with your name and your your url!. Thanks!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Manly Art of Knitting

Good evening ladies... there is a man in the house so we are now knitting co-ed.

My name is Vince and if you are part of Live Journal's HPKnitting, then you know me as yarnguy716. I have been a knitter, on and off, for nearly 20 years now. I have knit 6 of the Hogwarts House Scarves (5 SS/CoS style and 1 POA style) and I am currently working on what a bunch of us have dubbed "The Dumbedore Scarf." It is coming along nicely and I should have it done in about a week or so with some dedicated knitting put in it.

With the scarf being nearly done I decided that I needed a Ravenclaw house Quidditch sweater that I could wear once Goblet of Fire is released. It also justified my placing an order for wool with Knit Picks. I checked on my order and it has been shipped, so I should be able t ostart my gauge swatch in 5 to 15 days depending on how soon I receive my package.

Well that is all for now. I will be stopping in to see how everyone is prgressing and to let you know what my project status is. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Misty said…

    Oo! I've only seen one person's Dumbledore scarf, but it's a great idea! I'd love to see yours when you're done with it!

    And welcome - I firmly believe that knitting is a co-ed activity, and I'm so glad that we can have co-ed membership on this KAL! Yay Vince! :) Now, if only my husband would pick up knitting... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home