Harry Potter Sweater Knit Along

This knit-along will focus on the sweater that the Hogwarts students wear in the movie "Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban. Any other sweater from the movies (with the exception of the Weasley Sweater) can also be a part of this KA!

If you are interested in joining this knit-along, please email hppska at misty dot org with your name and your your url!. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yarn Delivered!

The yarn for my Ravenclaw House Quidditch Sweater arrived on Monday! I had it delivered to me at work, since there is no one here during the day to sign for a package delivery. My co-workers were more excited about me opening the box and looking at the yarn than I was. I ordered Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks and I am using the colors Winter Night (a deep royal blue) and Maple Syrup (a warm reddish brown). I wasn't sure about the colors when I first saw them, but the flourescent light at work did not show them at their best, they look much better in natural light. I also knit a stripe of brown into my swatch to see the colors combined and it looks like they will work well together. I'll post pictures of the swatch tomorrow, I really like they way the K2P2 pattern is looking with this yarn and these colors. I am happy with my gauge and will probably be casting on the back tonight.

FYI...this was my first time ordering yarn online. I placed the order on August 1st and it was delivered on the 8th. I will most likely order from them again and maybe try the other sites that have been suggested. I mean I do have so very little yarn on hand....lol!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Misty said…

    I've only ordered a magazine from Knit Picks in the past, but I've always heard grea tthings about them. I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home